Lord Nagafen Raid
When: Sunday Jan. 18th at 5 PM EST for 5:30 Zone in
Where: Lavastorm to prep and then Sol-B (Nagafen's Lair)
Raid Leaders: Darin and Mack
Level Range: 45+ (Lower level clerics with CH are also welcome)
Note: The raid will only happen if enough people have confirmed their attendance and Mack and I feel we have sufficient support. If you want to participate please let us know your class and level by leaving a message here, sending me a PM or sending me a tell in game.
WHAT YOU NEED
1. You should be between levels 45 and 52. Clerics as low as 39 (with complete heal) are also welcome as are 53+ though we need enough between levels 45 and 52 for the battle with Nagafen.
2. An unbuffed Magic Resistance of 50 and a Fire Resistance of 100. The higher the better. MR 100 and FR 150 recommended.
3. Bring two peridots: one for cleric and one for enchanter. These will be used for buffs.
4. An ALT camped in Nexus.
HOW TO GET THERE
1. Closest Druid portal: Lavastorm
2. Closest Wizard portal: SE corner of Nektulos Forest
3. Closest POK book: Nektulos Forest (Neriak Stone but you already knew that right)
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. Naggy is a level 55 Dragon Warrior.
2. Naggy's most deadly weapon is his AE fire breath and AE fear spell. Wear as much MR/FR gear as possible; sacrifice all other statistics (yes, even AC) to get these as high as possible.
3. Check your resist gear. If you don't have much, consider acquiring: 2xEarring of Fire Reflection (AC1 FR5 ~26pp at Lavastorm gypsies), Gold Diamond Mask (FR10 CR10 MR3), Gold Hermatite Necklace (FR7), Gold Emerald Bracelet (AC4 FR6), Platinum Emerald Ring (AC4 FR10), Hand Woven Legging (AC8 FR10), Rune Boned Fork (MR10 CR10 FR10), and Crown of the Froglok King (AC12 CR20 FR20).
4. Many of the mobs in Solusek have high fire resist - including Nag, use cold based spells where possible for minimum resists.
5. In order to cast any spell on a dragon - YOU MUST BE WITHIN HIS MELEE RANGE.
The plan for the previous attempt will be the baseline for this attempt to, though with some minor changes. If you are not familiar with raiding Nagafen and did not attend the last raid please refer to that post.
1. All drops will be rolled and all raid participants are eligible for appropriate
items. If you win an item you will not be eligible to roll for another so we try to roll the best items first.
2. Although some items are all/all, some will be restricted to benefit the classes that could use the item the most - as opposed to being up for sale at the bazaar minutes after the fight ends
a. Cloak of Flames: Melees / Hybrids
b. Gauntlets of Firey Might: Monks
1. If we have sufficient high level support I would like them to clear the path to Nagafen so that final battle prep can take place as early as possible. It is possible for a level 53+ player to directly assist in the fight, but it is moderated by getting expelled by Nag (other than buffs prior to a fight). If you get placed on his hate list, you will be expelled.
2. Casting a spell on Nag will cause you to get expelled. The spell may or may not land. Spells that cause waves of damage appear to work - subsequent to the first wave.
3. Healing people fighting Nag will result in an expulsion. The heal will generally take, lower level heals (non-CH) will sometimes allow you to cast more than one prior to expulsion.
4. Getting too close to Nag may result in an expulsion. The agro radius is quite large.
5. If we find ourselves fighting Nag and Magi Rokyl together the 53+ teams will take care of Magi.
6. If you can bind do so in the prep room. If you are expelled I assume that will clear agro and that you can gate back in and still help out.
Disclaimer: Much of the above is taken from http://www.rpgexpert.com/229.html
AFTER THE RAID
1. Rebind somewhere else. DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS. DO IT ASAP.
Confirmed for the Raid
Darin 52 Paladin
Mack 52 Shaman
Puffpuff 50 Monk
Anasi 51 Druid
Sikkorak 51 Monk
Kris 49 Rogue
Lanbana 52 Paladin
Taargudd 51 Warrior
Utdaan 51 Ranger
Pazuzu 51 Mage
Deffen 52 Druid