These questions are mainly aimed at players who use either the Default UI or one largely based on it rather than a highly customised UI.
1. Do you use the default spell/buff icons or a modified set?
2. Do you use the default compass or a modified compass?
3. Do you use the default spell book or a modified spell book?
4. Is your buff bar the default icon-only one? Vertical with buff names? Horizontal with buff names?
5. Does your list of memorised spells have just the default icons only? Icons plus spell names?
6. Do you tint your UI for different classes when boxing and if so, which colours?
7. Would you be distraught if the Class Animation on the default Inventory screen was static rather than animated? Was missing altogether?
The reason behind all these questions is that I am trying to work out where to spend my effort designing optional components for my re-worked default UI. If you do use something different from the default UI, please tell me which modification it is (for example "I use the t.king celtic spell book").
I'm also using a modified Kyth, or a modified default with the prominent Kyth changes.
1. Default spell icons.
2. Modified Compass ( + - 0 notations and a 1 hour timer)
3. Modified spell book (modified infinity)
4. Modified buff bar (have done both hor and vert, I use vert, fixed size - no background)
5. Modified spell bar - 1 x 8 - icon only (option key brings up names) - no background)
6. No tints (changed many textures, solid black to infinity style buttons)
7. Haven't gotten around to deleting the animations, should
@Whinywizard - I have managed to resample all spell and inventory icons down to 32x32. It looks good!
Cool, have at it. I've got a set of window defs that I'm just finishing (merging textures and defs to get to original number of files/etc.) I'll shoot them your way when done.