EQMac.com

Everquest for the Mac discussion
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Firiona Vie by boat
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:55 am 

Has anyone actually been able to do this? I've tried twice from Butcherblock on the four boats from there but never see the maiden's voyage to get on.

If u wonder why I don't just use the PoK book, I was trying to play one alt pre-PoK/Spires and only go places that I can travel by boat.

EQ2: saXXon 92 Dark Elf Necromancer, Permafrost
EQ2: Xassis 95 Iksar Brigand, Permafrost
EQ2: Naxxos 95 High Elf Wizard, Permafrost

Post subject: Re: Firiona Vie by boat
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:12 am 

saXXon wrote:
Has anyone actually been able to do this? I've tried twice from Butcherblock on the four boats from there but never see the maiden's voyage to get on.

If u wonder why I don't just use the PoK book, I was trying to play one alt pre-PoK/Spires and only go places that I can travel by boat.

Or maybe you're afraid of spiders. :D
I think the shuttle system is bugged. I tried to go to Firiona Vie by boat, I went three time to Timorous Deep on a shuttle and came back without seeing the boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:26 am 

OK, glad I'm not the only one getting it. Tried from Firiona Vie side once as well. Got on the Maiden's Voyage saw two of the shuttles heading towards it and then the boat zoomed off before they got close enough.

It's like boats are out of sync and/or something going wrong when the shuttles cross each other and drag u along.

Post subject: Re: Firiona Vie by boat
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:11 am 

Tegian wrote:
Or maybe you're afraid of spiders. :D
I think the shuttle system is bugged. I tried to go to Firiona Vie by boat, I went three time to Timorous Deep on a shuttle and came back without seeing the boat.

Timorous Deep is bugged. Something is wrong with the world map and all inanimate objects are not visible. The spirocs appear to be floating in mid air, because their multi level tower is missing, the fire pot spires are also gone. It wouldnt surprise me if the boat in TD was missing as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:14 am 

Ya. It made the cleric epic quite interesting. "Natasha pops in the inn" -- Hmmm... WHAT inn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:02 am 

Kyth wrote:
Ya. It made the cleric epic quite interesting. "Natasha pops in the inn" -- Hmmm... WHAT inn?

HAHA! Errmmm... well... just look around for a bunch of elves walking around on the beach...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:52 am 

the boats are bugged, the big boat comes by but the shuttles NEVER get to it so you basically have to swim out and wait for the big boat to run over you i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:09 am 

Cheers for the info everyone. Love beat me to the bug posting board :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:51 am 

To be able to get on the boat from BB you probably have to have levitate and maybe spirit of the wolf. you can then jump on the rudder at the back of the ship and ride that way, not the best way to ride, but it works. As for going from Tim to BB, I haven't tried that yet...maybe lev. onto the lower level of the shuttle?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:06 am 

I've entered the boats that run across the ocean of tears by swimming under them and being pulled into the lower level.

So far, I've only done it by accident -- jumping off the boat early when it gets to Butcherblock and swimming to the shore, the boat over took me and I was inside. I've never managed to do it on purpose, but I have heard of people doing that.

I've read you can get on the lower levels of the Butcherblock-Timmorous shuttle boats that way. I was unable to do it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:37 am 

Yeniu wrote:
I've entered the boats that run across the ocean of tears by swimming under them and being pulled into the lower level.

So far, I've only done it by accident -- jumping off the boat early when it gets to Butcherblock and swimming to the shore, the boat over took me and I was inside. I've never managed to do it on purpose, but I have heard of people doing that.

I've read you can get on the lower levels of the Butcherblock-Timmorous shuttle boats that way. I was unable to do it though.

This is actually a bug, that is utilized on the zek servers ( um....I...um...I never did it, yea, thats the ticket! )

If a boat is in motion, you can "warp" through the hull. If it is stationary you cannot. Its as if the boat swallowed you.

(Mind you most of this was Pre pop, and players HAD to use boats more often to get around ) Now remember, you cannot cast spell while ON a boat. So what we would do is get SOW and Levitate before the boat came and hide out in the water ahead of the boat. Wait for some unsuspecting enemy to board the boat, then jump on with him and stay hidden until you zone. Once in the next zone, you would target the poor fool and run off the side of the boat. At which point you could run just a bit ahead, stop and cast spells. Root works very well, keeps em from jumping off the boat. Then you have your way with them, running alongside the boat, casting away till they die. Heres the best part, remember this is PVP.... When the boat zones again, their body is dropped to the ocean floor :-) Makes for a nice long corpse run, muhahahaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:34 am 

I tried to get to FV by boat and ended having a lovely LONG swim (like 40 skillups) in TD. I got sick of waiting on the shuttles and tried to get "swallowed" by one. No go.

Just pointed north and used one hand to type in /gu for a liitle help on a land /loc.

Just grab invis and risk the spiders. Wish I did.

Moved to WoW. Not to follow Vance though.