EQMac.com

Everquest for the Mac discussion
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 am 

Bazula wrote:
^ good info, do you just send a petition when you are in the proper location when you are on that step? Ive never sent a petition before, is it just /petition? how long will it take to get assistance?

Petitioning in that way does not work to my knowledge. This thread has more info on how to get GM assistance:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8245

[59 Troubadour] Fhileraene (Wood Elf) <Vintage> ZONE: highkeep
[57 Evoker] Rylai (Dark Elf) <Vintage> ZONE: highkeep
[57 Templar] Torele (Dark Elf) <Vintage> ZONE: highkeep
There are 6 players in Everquest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:22 am 

Here's the petition I sent regarding Greenmist:

Quote:
I've been unable to progress in finishing a quest on my Shadow Knight as the item is missing from the loot tables in Kurn's Tower. The item in specific is 'A Glowing Skull,' and it's used in the Crusader's Test of Suffering. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my petition.

That was back in June 2010, but I imagine the GM Staff now would be equally as supportive. Getting a level 1 iksar SK to MQ the first sword is really the best method. I also highly, highly recommend doing the Explorer Knives quest if you need to faction up first. There's no level restriction on any of the quest turn ins, I got my troll SK his Greenmist in his low 20s.

Inny's Curse is pretty elusive. Decrepit Hide does seem pretty rare, still haven't picked mine up but I've been pretty lazy lately. Make a wizard friend and check Island 1 in PoSky for your Blade of Abrogation. I killed the Faerie Princess like 5 or 6 times before I got mine. I don't think it's worth investing the time/effort to go deeper into PoSky if you can just camp Island 1. Killing Joren Nobleheart (while a bit painful based on his location and high-ish MR) is also a much easier way to get Ghoulbane than camping the Shin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:30 am 

I've got like 30 Blade of Abrogations to MQ. Soul Leech is the most elusive piece beside the hide. I'll do a BoA MQ for free, just get them out of my inventory!!!

Sundriedtomato (brd), Bluecheese (rog), Parmesan (bst)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:40 pm 

You have to use the web page for petitioning. I also included links to the allakhazam page for the penance quest (it was either Zatozia or Hobart who handed me a filled penance bag which let me proceed). When I found out (after wasting about 2 weeks in Kurns) that the glowing skull drop/quest was broken, the next petition included that webpage link as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:32 am 

I'm looking to do the greenmist quest on my sk, he's a human. Can you explain the NW you are talking about? It sounds like you can skip the factioning somehow?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:54 am 

kattahn wrote:
I'm looking to do the greenmist quest on my sk, he's a human. Can you explain the NW you are talking about? It sounds like you can skip the factioning somehow?

You can't skip the factioning, you can only skip the penance quest, which is in place for Iksar SKs who lost/destroyed their Pawn's Kurki/lesser races who weren't given one as a birthright.

You'll have to faction as normal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:01 pm 

So I still need 20,000 bone chips, got it :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:44 pm 

kattahn wrote:
So I still need 20,000 bone chips, got it :)
That's correct. Trooper Mozo needs to build a full scale replica of Kurn's Tower.

I was able to get the quest and do the penance turn-ins at dubious (to both Necro and SK guilds). To proceed along the Greenmist quests you will need amiable or better with Crusaders of Greenmist. Crusader Quarg is on Shaman guild faction unlike all the other Crusaders. I mostly hunted outcasts, bandits and marauders at low levels and was non-kos to Troopers and Necros before 30. My current profile.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:47 pm 

Well, it's sort of correct. Do the Explorer Knives quest in LoIO. You only need enough bone chips to get you to Dubious. It is MUCH faster than doing bone chips. Exponentially so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 am 

Easiest way to faction is to AFK in one of the iksar bandit posts in warsilks woods with a max level pet. I got max kindly in one night :)

Sundriedtomato (brd), Bluecheese (rog), Parmesan (bst)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:42 am 

Easy way to get 20k bonechips:

Buy meat from shadowhaven, give to necro with the flesh to bone AA thingy. No farming required, just time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:41 am 

Gnostica wrote:
I've gotten ONE hide to drop.

I got 2 hides to drop within 2 weeks, and on one of those trips to Hate, 2 SEoC's dropped for me off only 5 mini kills (This was before I learned where 4 more mini's are) I don't even go out of my way to kill any drakes other than the pair at the top of the spiral ramp.

All luck of the RNG.

Don't abandon hope, all!

PS: They all are spoken for (free)